Saturday, November 8, 2008

I DID IT!!!


I ran my first 5k and had so much fun. My mom and I ran it she did so GOOD she took 7th in her age group WAY TO GO. She has lost 30 lb and looks so great. I of course have not lost one pound but I have loved running. My dad has been awesome I call him everytime I run and ask him all kinds of questions. He loves that mom and I are running he has always wanted my mom to run and now she is my dad was smiling from ear to ear.
I was glad the kids came Travis had to work he asked for it off but it didn't work out. I think the kids has a good time Jared was mad and Dave was just glad to be there Janie got sick and fell to sleep in the car as soon as we left and has been that way till we got home. Tayt was fun after I got done I went back to find my mom I was worried the race was up and down hills the hole way not at all like what we run at home anyway Tayt was waiting along the trail to cheer for us and when I got to mom it was about where Tayt had been cheering when I turned around to run with my mom Tayt started to run with us he finished the race with us and after we got done all he want todo was put my number on. He says he wants to run it next year I told him maybe. ( Although I can't believe how many kids did run it)

I have been running for a while and wanted to do pretty good. So I was way excited to take 3rd in my age group and 18th over-all I even go a prize. Yes I am getting old I moved into the next age group and was the very youngest. That helps alot.



I was thankful to have my sister there to watch mom and I. They are both having babies so they couldn't run but, we had so much fun we have decided that next year we are all going to run. And a special thanks to Jed and Brittany for helping me so much with my kids, without them I wouldn't have been able to run. They stayed behind to get the kid ready so that they wouldn't be climbing all over me before the race started. And I also owe my dad a huge thank you also he got up with Dave at 3:30 am so I could get some sleep. THANKS FAMILY

This was so much fun. My dad is so glad to have us running he bought me a way nice pair of shoes that I LOVE. He also bought mom and I matching running shirts AGAIN THANK YOU DAD! But if my mom had not asked to to come run this thing that her friend found on the Internet called "couch potato to 5k" I NEVER would be here so THANK YOU MOM.

11 comments:

The Pitchforths said...

That's awesome! I wish I had someone to run with! You up for a half-marathon in January? It's in St. George. I would love a buddy!!!!

Ashley Abbott said...

The pictures turned out way cute except I look HUGE!! You did good today we're all proud of you and mom!

Liz Szilagyi said...

Good job! And I know how you feel about not losing any weight. I trained for that sprint triathlon and actually gained a couple pounds. Ridiculous. That's so awesome you took 3rd. Running runs through the Johnson blood I guess.

Crystal said...

YOUR ROCK LACEY!! I'm so proud of you and a little jealous there is NO way I could ever do anything like that I about pass out just walking!! Way to go!!! Your mom does look great and so do you!!!

The Pitchforths said...

Which site did you get your training schedule from? I have two different ones! I'll warn you, I'm not a quick runner! I do about a ten minute mile whether I run 3 or 12, so ten miles, about 100 minutes! Maybe between now and then I can speed it up a bit! I'm coming home for Thanksgiving, so we'll have to get together!

What a life!! said...

Lacey you are so awesome!! I need to start running again. I hope we can do one together one day, that would be so fun!!

Harris Family said...

Lace, I didn't know you ran a 5 K! That is so awesome. I am very proud of you and wish I could have been there to see you cross the finish line. Love Ya!

The Pitchforths said...

That sounds about like the one that I've been doing. Marathon Rookie.com? Or Marathon Training.com. I don't really stick to a schedule, I just go with whatever I have time for and then try to fit in a long run once a week. Ok, best get running!!!

Nate and Britney said...

Congratulations Lace!!! I am proud of you and by the way you look amazing. Looks like a marathon is up on your list.... you are ready!!

Alan and Mindee said...

Way to take 3rd!!! I think that is so neat and how fun that you and your mom ran together.

The Church house said...

Hey Lace, I found your blog again. Next time we are all going. I think Jan. 17th, then the goosefestival in Feb. and who knows maybe after that you will want to start doing 10Ks and half-marathons. My blog is russandleann.blogspot.com